TABLE OF CONTENTS
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
THE RAMADA PLAZA HOTEL
The Ramada Plaza welcomes people with disabilities and has developed the Access
Statement to address some of the more common issues that disabled people face.
Recognition has been given to include guests with an impairment, which could include:
Mobility, Sight, Hearing, Learning Disabilities or any hidden impairment. The Ramada Plaza aims to ensure that all employees, guests and others who use the hotel are treated equally and according to their needs.
• For assistance prior to arrival please contact the reservations team on 01704 516220 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The hotel is located on the Promenade
• There is a coach and car drop of pickup point at the front entrance
• The nearest rail station is Southport having Wheelchair access from all routes
• There is a coach drop off point for National Express approx. 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel
• Guide dogs are allowed in the rooms, but no other pets
ARRIVAL CAR PARKING FACILITIES
Please note car parking is chargeable. Overnight stay for residents is £5 per night, and Wyndham Rewards members can get this free of charge if booking direct with the hotel. 2 hours free parking is available to non-residents using the hotel’s facilities.
• The hotel’s Main Entrance and drop off point are on The Promenade offering level access and a dropped curb
• The hotel has an underground car park at the rear of the hotel
• There is lift access from the Car Park to the main reception and all bedroom floors
• A porter is available to offer assistance at the main entrance
MAIN ENTRANCE, RECEPTION & TICKETING AREA
• The main entrance is on the Promenade offering level, paved, access
• The entrance has electric sliding doors
• Reception is located on the 1st floor with lift access from entrance lobby
• The reception desk is adapted for wheelchair users
• The reception and concierge desk have portable induction loops fitted
• The registration card can be enlarged if required.
• The main restaurant and lounge are located on the first floor adjacent to reception
• The flooring throughout the reception area is tiled which can be quite reflective and shiny.
• There are a number of sofas and comfortable chairs available in the lobby.
• Please ask concierge for assistance if required
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc A lounge area is located on the 1st floor; the flooring is short pile carpet. Level
access is via the lift.
• Baby changing is located on the first floor within the accessible toilet Public WCs
• The lifts have audible enunciation and tactile buttons at normal height.
• There is a mirror at the back of each lift
• Lifts serve the ground floor and floors Ground – 5th Floor with 1 lift also accessing the car park on lower ground.
• Accessible bedrooms are located on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors.
• There are refuge-areas located at the end of each bedroom floor near the stairwell. These are clearly signed and have a low-level telephone.
• For assistance with phone calls, please ask reception.
• An accessible toilet is located on the 1st floor; level access is via the lift. It is fitted with grab rails and an alarm
• The gentlemen’s toilet is located on the 1st Floor
• The ladies toilet is located on the 1st floor
• The flooring in all toilets is non slip ceramic tile
RESTAURANT / DINING ROOM, BAR & BAR AREA, TAKE AWAY
• The restaurant is located on the 1st floor with lift access from all floors
• The restaurant floor surface is short pile carpet
• Restaurant tables and chairs can be moved
• Restaurant chairs have arms and tables have a central support
• Lighting levels in the restaurant are generally lower in the evenings
• Menus can be enlarged upon request
• A portable induction loop is available
• Restaurant meals can be served in the lounge upon request
• The bar is located next to the restaurant on 1st floor
• The bar has a combination of fixed and moveable chairs
• Full table service is available in the bar
• The bar floor surface non slip ceramic tile and short pile carpet
• A full bar service is available in the 1st-floor lounge; level access is via the lift.
• Please inform us of any dietary requirements on booking
• Laundry service and dry cleaning is offered. Bags are available in bedrooms and are collected by 9 am each day and returned by 6 pm. Please telephone housekeeping on Extn. 2015 if you have laundry to be collected
• There is no shop within the hotel
• Newspapers can be ordered via reception
• Essential toiletries are available from the concierge.
• A supermarket is located at the end of the Promenade 1000m
• We have a small gym located on the 2nd floor with lift access from all floors, there is coded access and the code is available from reception, guests are required to sign in to use the gym.
• We have an outdoor terrace open during the summer season, this is access via either the bar or lounge area, this is slap paved, table service of lounge menu is available here.
CONFERENCE & MEETING ROOMS, BANQUETING
• Meeting rooms are located on the 1st and 2nd floors
• all meeting and event rooms are accessible via lifts from all floors
• All rooms have natural light and short pile carpets
• A portable induction loop is available
BEDROOMS & SLEEPING AREAS
• There are 7 accessible double bedrooms which provide specific facilities for guests with disabilities, these include:
• Wide entrance doors (80cm / 31”)
• Low-level switches
• The distance from the lift is variable with closest accessible rooms opposite lift
• Height of bed: 65cm / 25”
• Furniture cannot be moved.
• Power socket by the bed ( 85cm / 33” high)
• Transfer space of 120cm one side of the bed
• Visual and audible indication of a fire alarm
• Flooring in the bedroom is short pile carpet
• Air-conditioning is fully controllable in all rooms
• All accessible rooms are interconnecting
• All bedding is hypo-allergenic – feather pillows are available on request
• All bedrooms are non-smoking
• A vibrating alarm pad is available on request
• TV’s which provide subtitles are not currently available
• 2 wheelchairs fit in the room.
• Power wheelchairs fit in the room.
• All bathrooms are en-suite
• Walk-in showers with seating
• 3 grab rails around the shower (vertical and horizontal)
• Shower stools also available
• Flooring in the bathroom is non-slip ceramic
• An alarm cord is fitted
• Height of toilet: 45cm / 17”
• Height of sink: 70cm / 27.5”
A “Recognised Assistance Dog” is one which has been specifically trained to assist a disabled person and which has been qualified by one of the charitable organisations registered as members of Assistance Dogs UK. (Canine Partners, Dog A.I.D, Dogs for the Disabled, Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, Support Dogs, Guide Dogs, and MedicalDetection Dogs).
Are allowed in the hotel:
Assistance dogs used for fetching and carrying people with manipulative and ambulatory impairments
Support dogs for stress and anxiety
Guide dogs for visually impaired and blind people
Hearing dogs used by low hearing and deaf people.
Bowls can be provided for assistance dogs for food and water
No surcharge of maintenance or cleaning fee for customers with an assistance animal.
• If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception or concierge. The Duty Manager can also be contacted by dialling 0.
• We have a set evacuation procedure. The alarm signal is a continuous siren. In the event of a fire alarm please make your way to the refuge at the end of the corridor and use the red intercom to call for assistance. If you have requested assistance upon check-in a member of staff will come to your room. We have fire evacuation chairs and trained staff to assist
• All front of house staff have regular training
• There is a good level of mobile phone coverage throughout the hotel. All networks work.
• A list of equipment hirers is available through the Visit London website or from the hotel on request.
The Ramada Plaza Southport
Level and vehicle access is on The Promenade
Telephone: 01704 516220
Fax: 01704 516225
Hours of operation: 24 hours, 365 days
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01704 516220 0r email email@example.com