1. Browsing – When you browse this website and request pages from our servers we do not obtain personal information unless voluntarily supplied by you ‘the customer’. This includes your name, email address, or any other personally identifiable information. If you access this website from an email link sent to you by us, we will know who you are based on the information you previously supplied. Our servers do log information provided in the HTTP request header including the IP number, time of request and URL to personalise your browsing experience. If you are under 18, you are forbidden to use our site unless given permission by a parent or guardian.
2. Personal Information – We will ask you to provide personal information such as your full name, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit card number upon making a reservation. These details will be used to confirm your booking and keep you up to date throughout the booking process. This data will be securely stored within our in house system and only used to contact you regarding the booking you have made unless other forms of consent have been given.
3.1. What are cookies? – A cookie is a string of letters and numbers (an identifier) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies do not usually contain any information that personally identifies you as a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information obtained from cookies. They can also be used by our web servers to identify and track users as they travel around the different pages of a website or perhaps returning to a website.
3.2. What type of cookies do we use?
3.2.1. ASP.net – These cookies sit on our booking engine and will record and store the information relating to the date of your booking and number of people staying. These will then feed through to our PMS system to track how many online bookings we receive and when for.
3.2.4. CookieNoticeAccepted – This is a Cookie on our websites content management system which is used to remember if the user accepted cookies.
3.2.5. ResDiary – The book a table service we use also use a cookie on the ‘Book table’ page. This is used to collect information related to how you use the Service, including how you interact with the software (including, but not limited to, clicks, page views, searches and steps taken to complete actions). Our booking table software providers privacy statement can be found here: https://sales.resdiary.com/privacy-statement/
3.3. Blocking cookies – Most browsers will have the feature that will allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
Firefox – You can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
Google Chrome – Head to the “Customise and control” menu, and click “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then select “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading. Blocking all cookies will have a negative effect on the functionality of the website you are on and may hinder your browsing experience. If you block cookies you may not be able to access all of the features of our website.
3.4. Deleting cookies
Firefox – Delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”
Google Chrome – Delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data” then select “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”. Again, deleting cookies will have an effect on the usability of our website and will restrict your experience and access to certain areas.
4. Security of Information – The information personally supplied to The Ramada Plaza Southport Hotel is stored using commercially viable security measures. Credit card information for online bookings is transferred via a Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) line, provided you are using a SSL enabled browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or FireFox.
5. Distribution of Information to Third Parties – We do not share, rent, or sell personally identifiable information you have supplied The Ramada Plaza Southport Hotel to any third party without your prior permission. We will however disclose personally identifiable information when required by law, subpoena, legal process or if such action is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to The Ramada Plaza Southport Hotel guests, visitors, associates, or property (including this website).
7. Our details – This website is owned and operated by Bliss Hotels (Southport) Ltd. Registered office address; Bliss Blakeney Morston Road, Blakeney, Norfolk, England, England, NR25 7BG, under company number 06190786.
Our principal place of business is at Ramada Plaza Southport, The Promenade, Southport,
Lancashire, PR9 0DZ.